It was a terrific first week at Rheem! During the first five days of school, the students, staff and I had many opportunities to review (and renew!) what it means to be a Rheem Team Roadrunner. Read all about the first week festivities HERE!
This Week at Rheem:
- Monday, August 29:
- The Hot Lunch Program begins for 1st – 5th graders!
- Tuesday, August 30:
- 4th graders: Musical Instrument “Petting Zoo” at JM (4 – 7 pm) This is a chance for students to try out instruments before making a final decision about their music class. The event is open-house style, but please set aside about 40 minutes to try a few instruments
- Thursday, September 1 is a MINIMUM DAY for all students:
- K students are dismissed at 11;50
- 1st – 5th grade students are dismissed at 12:12
- Back-to-School Night is Thursday evening, September 1. This is a PARENT ONLY event, and is an important opportunity to hear from the classroom teacher about specific goals, practices, and procedures for a great year! In addition, I will be giving two ½ hour presentations, entitled “Rheem School: Some Big Ideas” during which I will provide an overview of some of our overarching themes and practices, including Growth Mindset, Mindfulness, Soul Shoppe strategies, and Common Sense Homework. Please attend (even if you’re a veteran “Rheem Teamer” – there is new information for everyone).
- The Back to School Night SCHEDULE is below:
5:30 – 6:00 – Ms. Frank “Some Big Ideas” presentation in Multi-Use Room
6:15 – 7:00 – K – 2nd grade classroom presentations
6:30 – 7:00 – Ms. Frank “Some Big Ideas” presentation (same content as 5:30 talk)
7:15 – 8:00 – 3rd – 5th grade classroom presentations
- Friday, September 2:
- Summer Reading recording sheets and Rheem ROCKS calendars are due by Friday, September 2 from those students who participated in these programs.
- Special K Spirit Assembly at 8:45 in the Multi-Use Room
Rheem Elementary is a very special place that takes advantage of a “team” approach—teachers, students, and parents all joining together to promote a dynamic learning environment in which all students can thrive.
Make sure you are receiving all important communications from Rheem School. Here are the Big Three:
- Rheemarks: "Frank"ly Speaking – This weekly email (look for it on Sundays) is sent through Rheem's School Messenger System from Principal Frank. Family email addresses are pulled from our data base (the info provided at registration) to make sure that ALL families receive this newsletter. This newsletter focuses on current school events and issues. Click HERE to view the most recent edition as well as to access Rheemarks archives.
- PTA E-News – Rheem’s weekly PTA Newsletter is sent out on Wednesdays and limited to important information and updates about PTA programs, activities, opportunities, and more! Once you sign up for PTA, you’ll start receiving these informative newsletters.
- REMIND text messages -- It’s easy! It’s quick! It’s informative! Last year, we began using a new system called REMIND to send quick “texts” to parents who sign-up for this service. The one-way text messages come directly from the front office and are limited to brief, timely “Rheeminders.” This is the best way to not miss an important due date or forget a minimum day! To receive messages via text, simply text @rheem to 81010 or click HERE to download instructions.
In addition, all classroom teachers have email distribution lists to inform parents of specific classroom events. Being aware of programs, schedules, due dates, etc. is key to a successful (and less stressed!) school year for you and your child.