The reviews are in... and Wednesday’s Rheem Team Back-to-School Parent Party was a GREAT success! I thoroughly enjoyed greeting both new and “experienced” Rheem parents at the event. Many thanks to Serina Culleton, Rheem teacher and parent, for organizing the event. In case you haven’t heard, “Mingle Bingo” got everyone mixing it up, and winners got to spin the famous Rheem Team wheel for exciting prizes such as stuffed Roadrunners and Friday Freeze coupons!
This Week at Rheem:
Monday, Sept. 26:
- Native American Days – 3rd/Berkman (8:30 – 2:00)
Tuesday, Sept. 27: “Parenting the Challenging Child”
- 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. in OUSD Board Room (8 Altarinda Road in Orinda)
Weds., Sept. 28:
- Native American Days – 3rd/Caraska (8:30 – 1:50)
Friday, Sept. 30:
- Native American Days – 3rd/Ralph (8:30 – 2:00)
School News and Highlights
- Buttercup (a full-grown Holstein) and Oreo (a two-month old calf) charmed the students of Rheem School when they visited last Monday. Students learned a lot about cows, dairy farming, and dairy products, and even more can be learned at the Mobile Dairy Classroom website!
- Readers’ Workshop is being introduced in all classrooms at Rheem. During the past two weeks, all Rheem teachers have participated in Readers’ Workshop Lab sessions to learn about how to most effectively launch a Readers’ Workshop program and integrate it into the existing Writers’ Workshop lessons. Parents are invited to learn about his curriculum shift at the upcoming Parent Education Evening – “Introducing Readers’ Workshop” on Oct. 20, beginning at 6:30 in the JM Library. We hope you can attend. Click HERE for details.
- BOX TOPS were collected in the classrooms last Friday for the first of several collections during the school year, so don’t stop clipping! Did you know there is even a Box Tops app that can help you earn more $$ for Rheem? Click HERE to learn all about it!
Rheem Elementary is a very special place that takes advantage of a “team” approach—teachers, students, and parents all joining together to promote a dynamic learning environment in which all students can thrive.
Make sure you are receiving all important communications from Rheem School. Here are the Big Three:
- Rheemarks: "Frank"ly Speaking – This weekly email (look for it on Sundays) is sent through Rheem's School Messenger System from Principal Frank. Family email addresses are pulled from our data base (the info provided at registration) to make sure that ALL families receive this newsletter. This newsletter focuses on current school events and issues. Click HERE to view the most recent edition as well as to access Rheemarks archives.
- PTA E-News – Rheem’s weekly PTA Newsletter is sent out on Wednesdays and limited to important information and updates about PTA programs, activities, opportunities, and more! Once you sign up for PTA, you’ll start receiving these informative newsletters.
- REMIND text messages -- It’s easy! It’s quick! It’s informative! Last year, we began using a new system called REMIND to send quick “texts” to parents who sign-up for this service. The one-way text messages come directly from the front office and are limited to brief, timely “Rheeminders.” This is the best way to not miss an important due date or forget a minimum day! To receive messages via text, simply text @rheem to 81010 or click HERE to download instructions.
In addition, all classroom teachers have email distribution lists to inform parents of specific classroom events. Being aware of programs, schedules, due dates, etc. is key to a successful (and less stressed!) school year for you and your child.