Message from the Principal
I’m happy to announce that Rheem Team spirit is alive and well as evidenced by the students’ impressive participation in our Read-a-thon, and their enthusiasm about celebrating the first-ever “Minion Mayhem Day” this Thursday, February 11. What a great opportunity for the kids to show that they’re “bananas” about reading, Minions, AND Rheem School!
The Annual MEF Phone-a-thon is back! On February 8 and 9, many Moraga parents and staff members will come together to make phone calls on behalf of MEF, encouraging Moraga families to support their children’s education by making a donation. I’d like to thank all Rheem families, in advance, for supporting MEF in whatever way they can. If you haven’t pledged yet, please click HERE to show your support for Rheem and MEF. Remember, we’re all in this together!
Monday, February 8:
- “Stand Up Be Safe” lessons in 5th grade classrooms
- 8:30 Cavallero/Noyes; 10:30 Bornfleth; 1:00 Greer
Tuesday, February 9:
- Field Trip: Bornfleth/5th to Martinez Courthouse (9:00 – 2:00)
- School Board Meeting, beginning at 7:00 p.m. at JM (click HERE for agenda)
Wednesday, February 10:
- Field Trip: 3rd graders to Lawrence Hall of Science (9:00 – 2:30)
Thursday, February 11:
- Read-a-thon Week 4 tally sheets & “I’m Bananas About Reading” posters due
- MINION MAYHEM DAY!!!!!
Friday, February 12:
- No School in celebration of Presidents’ Day Weekend
- Note: No school on Monday, Feb. 15 either!
School News and Highlights:
- Science Fair Information and Applications can now be found online by clicking HERE or by going on our school website under the “Resources” tab. Many thanks to our Science Fair Coordinators (all parent volunteers) for introducing this opportunity to our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders on Tuesday, Feb. 2.
- After 2 days Kindergarten Registration (Feb. 4 & 5), 63 kindergarteners and 13 Transitional Kindergartners had registered for next fall at Rheem! That’s the largest turn-out in several years.
- Parents will have two opportunities to hear Dr. Carolyn Parker, MSD Director of Curriculum provide an overview of our curriculum focus in the district:
- Rheem Site Council Meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 16, beginning at 3:15 in Room 25
- Rheem PTA meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 17, beginning at 9:30 in the Multi-Use Room
Read-a-thon News and Highlights:
- At last count, 96% of Rheem students are participating in the Read-a-thon!
- So far, TEN Rheem classes can boast 100% participation in the Read-a-thon. Those classes are: Minion Mayhem will be Thursday, February 11! On this day, Rheem students and staff can dress as “minions,” or simply wear their favorite color—YELLOW! Spirit Wear or school colors (blue and gold) are always good options on these special days as well.
- “I’m Bananas About Reading Posters” are due this Thursday, Feb. 11! Students are encouraged to continue recording (and rating!) the books they read during the Read-a-thon on this poster to turn in on the LAST day of the Read-a-thon for a chance to win a prize (minion-themed, of course).
Communication is Key!
Rheem Elementary is a very special place that takes advantage of a “team” approach—teachers, students, and parents all joining together to promote a dynamic learning environment in which all students can thrive.
Make sure you are receiving all important communications from Rheem School. Here are the Big Three:
- Rheemarks: "Frank"ly Speaking – This weekly email (look for it on Sundays) is sent through Rheem's School Messenger System from Principal Frank. Family email addresses are pulled from our data base (the info provided at registration) to make sure that ALL families receive this newsletter. This newsletter focuses on current school events and issues. Click HERE to view the most recent edition as well as to access Rheemarks archives.
- PTA E-News – Rheem’s weekly PTA Newsletter is sent out on Wednesdays and limited to important information and updates about PTA programs, activities, opportunities, and more! Once you sign up for PTA, you’ll start receiving these informative newsletters.
- REMIND text messages -- It’s easy! It’s quick! It’s informative! Last year, we began using a new system called REMIND to send quick “texts” to parents who sign-up for this service. The one-way text messages come directly from the front office and are limited to brief, timely “Rheeminders.” This is the best way to not miss an important due date or forget a minimum day! To receive messages via text, simply text @rheem to 81010 or click HERE to download instructions.
In addition, all classroom teachers have email distribution lists to inform parents of specific classroom events. Being aware of programs, schedules, due dates, etc. is key to a successful (and less stressed!) school year for you and your child.
Shop and earn for Rheem
Rheem Amazon Plugin
The Rheem Amazon extension for Chrome automatically adds the Rheem affiliate code to any Amazon links you find on the web. It will also add the code if you go directly to Amazon.
What this means is that Rheem will receive between 4% & 15% of the value of your order each and every time you buy something from Amazon. The percentage varies depending on what you buy.
So install the plugin and earn cash for Rheem while you shop!
Click here to access the Rheem Google Facilities Calendar (for RH staff only)